Was 2014 Warmer than Average?
It depends on where you were!
Check out UMaine's Climate Reanalyzer for interactive climate maps like this.
The Maine Energy Education Program (MEEP) is a not-for-profit, 501(C)3) organization. It was begun in 1985 with the goal of producing an energy literate citizenry capable of making informed energy choices. To this end, MEEP offers experiential energy education programs for Maine students and teachers. These programs, which are mostly free, help participants to understand the balance between the economic, environmental and social impacts of energy choices affecting our society. MEEP enjoys strong support from Maine's environmental community, which understands the inextricable link between energy use and environmental consequences.
Board of Directors
- President: Emmie Theberge, Natural Resources Council of Maine
- Vice President: Deb Avalone-King
- Secretary: Lee Gilman, American Lung Association of New England
- Treasurer: Mary Jane Jarrett
- Dave Carpenter
- Lynn Farrin, Maine Mathematics & Science Alliance
- Jayme Holland, Central Maine Power
- Mary Ellen Miner
- Peter Zack, MEEP